Welcome to this week’s TorontoJobs.ca update. Make sure to visit www.TorontoJobs.ca. There are over 23,000 positions posted there within the Greater Toronto Area. Keep your resume up-to-date also by logging into your account regularly:
JOB NUMBERS RELEASED
The job numbers were released on Friday for Canada and U.S.
Employment was little changed for the second consecutive month and the unemployment rate remained at 6.9% in October. Ontario’s unemployment rate increased .1% to 7.4%.
Employment for youths aged 15 to 24 was little changed for the third consecutive month. As for their unemployment rate, it rose by 0.5 percentage points to 13.4% in October, the result of more youths looking for work.
Job creation was surprisingly strong in October, despite the government shutdown. The unemployment rate ticked slightly higher to 7.3%. The Bureau of Labor Statistics said today that the economy added 204,000 jobs in the month. Economists had expected 120,000.
TORONTOJOBS.CA RECRUITMENT DIVISION OPENINGS
Here are some open positions that our TorontoJobs.ca Recruitment Division is working on:
• Account Executive Freight and Customs (Mississauga)
• Commercial Insurance Sales Rep (GTA)
• Business Valuations Associate (Mid-town Toronto)
• Senior SharePoint Consultant (GTA)
• Accounting Technician – CA Firm (Mississauga)
• Trucking Sales (Brampton)
• Senior Manager, Budgeting (Mississauga)
• Sales in the Printing Industry (Digital) (Richmond Hill)
• Property Management Administrator (Markham)
• SharePoint Technical Solutions Specialists (Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary)
• Accounting Technician (Mississauga)
• Inside Sales Coordinator (Mississauga)
• Freight Coordinator (Mississauga)
Email your resume to email@example.com. For the full job descriptions please visit http://ow.ly/jUgf5.
“TALES FROM THE RECRUITER”
“Tales From the Recruiter – A Canadian Recruiter’s Perspective On How To Get That Perfect Job” is a book written by Marc Belaiche, CPA, CA, President of TorontoJobs.ca.
The book is required reading for any job seeker looking for a new position, a New Canadian looking for their first position in Canada, someone in the recruiting industry or wants to get into it or a company that wants to improve their hiring process.
More information and to order at:
· Amazon - http://ow.ly/n84wy
· Hard copy - http://ow.ly/lJ6an
· Kobo/Ipad - http://ow.ly/osgBM
· Visit www.TalesfromtheRecruiter.ca
Cost of the book is $3.99 and up.
Want to read some of Tales from the Recruiter online? Visit http://ow.ly/o1UIB.
MISSISSAUGA CAREER FAIR – FEBRUARY 27
The Mississauga Career Fair will be held on Thursday February 27, 2014 at the Living Arts Centre from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. More information and free registration at: http://www.torontojobs.ca/promo1/promo/2013/11/MCFTOJOBSsite/index.html
As always, feel free to connect with us and visit our website at www.TorontoJobs.ca.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/torontojobs/) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/tojobs).
Marc Belaiche, CPA, CA
Marc.Belaiche@TorontoJobs.ca160 Traders Boulevard East
Suite# 101, Mississauga, Ontario