Our TorontoJobs.ca Recruitment Division client, located in Toronto, practices exclusively in the area of investigative and forensic accounting. The Firm specializes in the quantification of insurance claims, including business interruption, income replacement benefits, inventory losses and employee dishonesty.
Clients include insurance companies, law firms, corporations and individuals.
If you are interested in and qualified for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
They are seeking a qualified accountant with 2 to 3 years’ experience quantifying commercial insurance claims; in particular, business interruption losses. The candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a desire to progress to a senior level at the Firm.
Responsibilities will include:
▪ Liaising with policyholders and their representatives, in order to obtain the required information
▪ Analyzing sales, expense, inventory costing, production data, etc.
▪ Performing research
▪ Preparing reports and schedules
▪ Providing status updates to clients on a timely and regular basis
▪ Meeting time budgets and deadlines
▪ Staying current with applicable legislative and legal decisions
▪ Participating in the Firm’s business development activities
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience
▪ Canadian accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
▪ 2 to 3 years’ experience in the quantification of commercial insurance claims, with an emphasis on business interruption
▪ Superior attention to detail and accuracy
▪ Excellent professional judgment and ability to problem solve
▪ Ability to understand businesses operating in different industries and the impact of loss events
▪ Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in analyzing industry data and considering non loss-related factors impacting a business, in order to determine the loss due to the incident
▪ Strong report writing skills
▪ Strong interpersonal skills, including communicating in person, e-mail and telephone
▪ Well organized and able to prioritize and work on multiple assignments simultaneously
▪ Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
▪ Ability to meet time budgets and deadlines
▪ Proficient with Excel and Word
▪ Strong commitment to client service