Our TorontoJobs.ca Recruitment Division client, a CA firm located in Markham, is looking for a Tax Manager.
As a Tax Manager you will:
- Have a deep understanding of the relevant tax laws and apply this to the particular client's facts and circumstances;
- Plan and lead engagements including structuring shareholder planning, succession planning, estate planning, executive compensation, developing acquisition and divestiture strategies and tax compliance;
- Proactively understand the needs of the client and work with them to develop relevant and valuable tax solutions and planning strategies;
- Build relationships at a senior level while being seen as a trusted business advisor;
- Be exposed to a variety of work, and a primary focus of this role will be on tax planning and transactional work. As such strong research, analytical and writing skills would be required;
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs;
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential;
- Create a learning environment through leadership.
Performance Expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Working on engagements of all sizes
- Working closely with other members of the team as a trusted advisor on tax planning work for clients
- Organizing teams for the preparation of tax returns
- Conducting and presenting tax research
- Advising on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues
- Having a deep understanding of the relevant tax laws and being able to apply this to the particular client’s facts and circumstances
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff
- Master's degree in Tax or an accounting designation an asset;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in a big firm or national tax practice;
- Completion of the In-depth Tax Course or the Mtax is a requirement;
- Experience with owner manager/private company clients;
- Cross border/international tax experience and working knowledge;
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities;
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership;
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving.
If you are interested in this position AND have the necessary requirements please contact Marc Belaiche, CPA, CA firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-783-1777 (cell).